Friday, May 8, 2015

Here Comes D-Blog Week 2015

Next week is D-Blog week.

In fact, it's the 6th annual D-Blog week. 

And it's my 5th annual one. 

I missed the first one because I had not yet heard about the DOC, had not started my blog and really had no idea that anyone on the planet other than me actually had type 1 diabetes. 

Now I know that there are a whole bunch of us out there with more voices joining the choir every year. And as much as I would love it if type 1 diabetes did not exist, it does. And since it does, I sure am glad to be a member of such a lovely, vibrant, passionate group of people. 

D-Blog week, for those of you who don't know or remember, is a week of diabetes-related blogging. 

It goes something like this: 

A list of topics are given to us to write about. One for every day of the week, beginning next Monday. We write a blog about that topic and then we posts a link to our blog on the topics page. Anyone interested can click through the list of links and read blog after blog about the same topic written by different people all over the world. If you're interested in writing for, or reading blogs about, D-Blog week, go visit Karen over at Bitter-Sweet Diabetes. She's the wonderful host of this great event. 

It's a wonderful way to discover new blogs as well as rediscover ones I used to read and lost track of along the way. It's also a great way to challenge myself to write about topics I would not normally write about. 

So come back next Monday for the first instalment of Running on Carbs' D-Blog adventures. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for continuing to participate every year!! <3 And thank you for helping to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete