Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Fitness Pal - Observations

I've been using My Fitness Pal faithfully for almost three weeks.

In exchange for my diligence:

- I now use about 10 fewer units of insulin per day which means that I am getting an extra day before I have to refill my pump. No complaints there.

- I lost another pound for a total of 3. Slow and steady folks.

- I feel better. I know, that's a little vague. The best way I can explain it is that my body just feels happier because it's getting all the food it needs but isn't getting more than it needs. I'm running on full rather than on overfull.

- Doug and I have tried several new recipes. Tilapia tacos being the latest one. Some are ok. Some are good. Some are delicious. No matter the result, it's fun to play in the kitchen.

Also:

- I seem to be spending more on groceries than ever and am going through veggies at an alarming rate.

- leftovers last longer in the fridge because, when I package them into a healthy serving size rather than what I used to think was a serving size, we end up with more servings.

- because I feel like I'm just eating a slightly healthier version of my typical diet, I don't feel deprived in any way. Which means that everything I am doing will be easier to stick with in the long run.

Who knew that little app would turn out to be so useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment