Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Rose by Any Other Name...

Psst! It's me. Zip. The fitbit.

There seems to be some trouble brewing in my house and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Rose arrived about ten days ago and has been hanging around ever since. Don't get me wrong. She's nice and all.

It's just that, well, she's a little bit too nice. If you know what I mean.

When it was Dexter, Lucky and I, we were a team. You know. We all worked together to help Céline and make sure things were moving along tickity-boo. We kept her active, helped keep the blood sugar monsters at bay and chatted it up when we had a few quiet minutes.

Rose arrives and, immediately, Dexter and Lucky get put into the diabetes cupboard. That part is ok. I mean it makes sense right? Rose can do on her own what Lucky and Dexter did together. So I get it. And so do they. No hard feelings eh?

So here's the problem.

Yesterday morning, I overheard Céline and Doug chatting. Doug was asking how Rose was. Which was weird because he didn't usually ask about Lucky and Dex. But, clear as day, I heard him say "and how is Rose this fine morning?"

Céline answered "ok, I think, she was quiet last night".

To which Doug said "I think she likes me. She kept coming over to my side of the bed last night."

What!?!?

Then, if you can believe it, it got worse. Later that morning I was sitting in my nighttime spot in the office. Doug was shaving and Céline was in the shower. Which means that Rose was sitting on the counter of the washroom sink. I could not see her but I could hear what was going on.

"Rose is winking at me. I think she likes me!" announces Doug.

"Well, you are pretty cute" replied Céline. She didn't seem to mind but I sure did.

We all have jobs to do and, as far as I can tell, nowhere in Rose's job description does it say to flirt with the boss' boyfriend.

I cannot wait until race day this weekend. That will give me 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted time with Rose to give her a good talking to.

She should know better!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Rose sounds like a little flirt. I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these posts!! Rose sounds like quite a vixen - sounds like Zip may have a secret crush on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! She sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete