Thursday, September 20, 2012

Really Real

The Medtronic Twin Cities race weekend is coming up.

It's been official for months but it's starting to feel really real.

On Tuesday, Doug and I received our e-tickets for our flights.

Then we received our email confirmations and details for the 10-mile race.

And finally I came home to discover a FedEx package sitting on the counter.

Inside were our race singlets and a lovely leather case with our luggage tags, weekend itinerary and all the information we would ever need to know about our hotel.

Two weeks today, we're flying to Minneapolis. We're being picked up at the airport and driven to our fabulous hotel. We get to meet the other 24 people from across the planet who were chosen as this year's Global Heroes. We get to have a tour of Medtronic headquarters. We get to be celebrated and celebrate some pretty amazing people.

Last week I knew I was looking forward to going but I was still pretty calm and cool about the whole thing.

Now I'm starting to feel like a giddy little kid and I can hardly stop myself from bouncing up and down with excitement.

I'll settle for trying on my race singlet and modelling it in the kitchen.


3 comments:

  1. You bet it's real! I'm looking forward to reading all about your Global Heroes experience.

    And the singlet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!! I'm so excited for you! It is an experience so beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fabulous! Can't wait to meet you guys IN PERSON!!! Yay for Minneapolis!

    ReplyDelete