Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Le Mois d'Août

Ah August! 

One of my favourite months of the year. 

It's peach time in Niagara. 

It's triathlon time again - twelve more days until I take on Lake Ontario and Park Hill!

Summer still feels like it's going to be around for a long time. 

It's back to school time and, whether I'm going or not, I still get excited every August and have to control my urge to go buy new Trapper Keepers. 

It's vacation time. Time to walk away from routines and responsibilities and just enjoy a week of freedom. 

This year, Doug and I are going on a cycling holiday. We've booked a five day trip to Québec - three of which we're going to spend cycling along the route called Le Petit Train du Nord. We've got a great little adventure planned that's packed with fresh air, exercise, yummy food and lots of French. Best of all, all we have to do is have fun. Thanks to the package we've booked, our bags are shuttled from B&B to B&B for us. So it's just the two of us and our bikes - exploring the world together.

Two more weeks of work first but, now that I've flipped my calendar, it feels deliciously close. 

First thing's first though
- bike goes in tomorrow for a pre-ride tune-up
- car goes in next week for a pre-drive tune-up
- gotta buy me a bike bag to carry all my diabetes paraphernalia 
- I'm trying out contact lenses tomorrow and, if all goes well, I'll be able to get me some. Then I'll be able to wear proper cycling sunglasses and still be able to tell the difference between a garbage can and a dog

No comments:

Post a Comment